General Corporate advisory has been one of our core practices areas since the inception of the firm. We have extensive expertise in advising clients on:
- Drafting complex business agreements and commercial contracts such as joint venture/strategic alliance, ad-for-equity, franchise/ service agreements, content distribution, technology transfer and software licensing agreements.
- Drafting corporate policies and advising on best practices in relation to dealing with instances of alleged sexual harassment at the workplace.
- Advising boards of public/ private companies from time to time on matters of corporate governance, securities laws, and so on.
- Corporate legal investigations into misconduct by employees, legal impropriety by officers, directors, employees, and shareholders, allegations of sexual harassment at the workplace, etc.
An indicative sampling of some of the work done by us in the recent past includes:
- Conducted an extensive audit on the internal policies of one of India’s largest IT companies, pertaining to its compliance with the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013.
- Regularly draft and review commercial contracts such as IP acquisition and assignment agreements, master services agreements, supplier agreements, etc. for several companies including Infosys, Snowman Logistics, Global Consumer Products, Xentrix Studios, Shotang, and Snapbizz CloudTech.
- Advised the Indian subsidiaries of several leading multi-national corporations including Bwin.Party, Bright Horizons, Time, Inc. on the structuring and restructuring of their Indian and offshore operations and related foreign exchange advisory matters.