We have a strong focus on dispute resolution including corporate disputes, commercial disputes, and regulatory disputes before judicial and quasi-judicial bodies, and domestic and international arbitration. Our dispute resolution practice has a strong emphasis first on dispute management/dispute prevention by advocating effective strategies to avoid or mitigate the commencement or adverse impact of disputes. Only after the dispute prevent/management strategy fails to achieve a favourable outcome do we then actively advise on pursuing dispute resolution remedies.
We advise our clients on dispute resolution strategies including providing commercially feasible and cost-effective solutions as alternatives to litigation, and assist with implementing those strategies.
Our key services include:
- Leading the formulation of strategy, management, and the execution of important litigation of various types, including civil and commercial matters, consumer and intellectual property matters, criminal matters including economic offences, etc. in various courts across India.
- Representing our clients in proceedings before quasi-judicial fora, including the Securities and Exchange Board of India, Securities Appellate Tribunal, the Competition Commission of India, the Reserve Bank of India, the National Company Law Tribunal, the Labour Commissioner and so on.
- Advising on compounding of offences under the Companies Act, 2013 with the Registrar of Companies and compounding proceedings before the Reserve Bank of India for offences under the Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999.
- Advising and representing our clients on institutional domestic and international arbitrations.
Our dispute resolution clients include high net-worth individuals, family offices, multinational and Indian corporates, global private equity and venture capital funds, and foreign investors.
Some of the dispute resolution matters we have worked on in the recent past include:
- Represented a reputed US based private equity fund, in relation to an appeal brought by a public investor before the Securities Appellate Tribunal in connection with our client’s open offer under the Takeover Code to the shareholders of a public listed company operating in the shipping and offshore services space.
- Represented several private equity and venture capital investors on matters involving financial fraud and misrepresentation by the promoters of their investee companies.
- Represented several companies in relation to disputes brought before the Indian labour authorities by their employees, and also in relation to claims brought by such companies against current and former employees.